2016年10月16日 星期日

Bob Dylan - Why Try To Change Me Now

In the absence of any public statement about what the Nobel Prize may mean to him, it struck at least one member of the Desert Trip audience as he caressed the melody and lyrics of “Why Try to Change Me Now” that it might be his way of saying, “Thanks, but if you want to hear the kind of songwriting that moves me, check this out.”
“Why can’t I be conventional?” Dylan sang. “People talk, people stare, so I try/But that’s not for me, ’cause I can’t see/My kind of crazy world passing me by.”
What reaction statement issued in a news release could have crystallized a lifetime’s artistry more eloquently than that?


Bob Dylan - Why Try To Change Me Now (cover from "SHADOWS IN THE NIGHT")
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqMyiu4XEeU


Why Try to Change Me Now Lyrics



Read more: Bob Dylan - Why Try To Change Me Now Lyrics | MetroLyrics 


I'm sentimental
So I walk in the rain
I've got some habits
Even that I can't explain
Could start for the corner
Turn up in Spain
Why try to change me now
I sit and daydream
I've got daydreams galore
Cigarette ashes
There they go on the floor
I go away weekends
And leave my keys in the door
But why try to change me now
Why can't I be more conventional
People talk
People stare
So I try
But that's not for me
'Cause I can't see
My kind of crazy world
Go passing me by
So let people wonder
Let 'em laugh
Let 'em frown
You know I'll love you
Till the moon's upside down

Don't you remember
I was always your clown
Why try to change me now


Songwriters
CY COLEMAN, JOSEPH MCCARTHY JR.


Read more: Bob Dylan - Why Try To Change Me Now Lyrics | MetroLyrics 

沒有留言: