2018年1月14日 星期日

Piano BY D. H. LAWRENCE in Reflections from the Keyboard, host David Dubal ;簡介 D.H. Lawrence的繪畫和藝術

10PM

Reflections from the Keyboard 
Every week, host David Dubal brings his unique perspective to the near and far corners of the piano repertoire. This week, David begins a new series celebrating great women pianists, with performances by Mitsuko Uchida, Cecile Licad, and Martha Argerich.

今天,

 WQXR的Reflections from the Keyboard host David Dubal 朗誦 Piano BY D. H. LAWRENCE

Piano

Softly, in the dusk, a woman is singing to me; 
Taking me back down the vista of years, till I see 
A child sitting under the piano, in the boom of the tingling strings 
And pressing the small, poised feet of a mother who smiles as she sings. 

In spite of myself, the insidious mastery of song 
Betrays me back, till the heart of me weeps to belong 
To the old Sunday evenings at home, with winter outside 
And hymns in the cosy parlour, the tinkling piano our guide. 

So now it is vain for the singer to burst into clamour 
With the great black piano appassionato. The glamour 
Of childish days is upon me, my manhood is cast 
Down in the flood of remembrance, I weep like a child for the past. 

***
http://hanchingchung.blogspot.tw/2017/10/dh-lawrence.html
****

沒有留言: