2018年9月18日 星期二

Leonard Bernstein's "Poem for Yom Kippur"


Poem for Yom Kippur

From the left and from the right I hear:
“We have sinned, we have dealt treacherously, we
have slandered.”
But I hear another song in my heart:
I believe in the truthfulness of art
In being energetic, in being sensitive, in the essentials
Today I believe in prayerfulness
I believe in the man to come
who will give water to the barren areas
But first and foremost I believe in Love
And until we stop shedding blood
I live in a dream
Waiting for the day of love, understanding, the day (today).


"But I hear another song in my heart:
I believe in the truthfulness of art
In being energetic, in being sensitive, in the essentials"
As we await the start of Yom Kippur at sundown tonight, take a moment to read Leonard Bernstein's "Poem for Yom Kippur" which he wrote in the late 1940s while studying Hebrew in Tel Aviv.

BERNSTEIN.CLASSICAL.ORG

Bernstein's Poem for Yom Kippur (Audio) | The Bernstein Experience

沒有留言: