2018年5月12日 星期六

"Broken Thoughts" by Gabriel Dante Rossetti

· 
"Broken Thoughts" by Gabriel Dante Rossetti
Poet Gabriel Charles Dante Rossetti was born in London, England on this day in 1828.
The thoughts are broken in my memory,
Thou lovely Joy, whene'er I see thy face;
When thou art near me, Love fills up the space,
Often repeating, "If death irk thee, fly."
My face shows my heart's color, verily,
Which, fainting, seeks for any leaning-place;
Till, in the drunken terror of disgrace,
The very stones seem to be shrieking, "Die!"
It were a grievous sin, if one should not
Strive then to comfort my bewildered mind
(Though merely with a simple pitying)
For the great anguish which thy scorn has wrought
In the dead sight o' the eyes grown nearly blind,
Which look for death as for a blessed thing.

沒有留言: