2017年9月20日 星期三

Pansies (1929) By D.H. Lawrence


Image result for dh lawrence SELF PORTRAIT

SELF PORTRAIT
June 1929
Red Crayon
‘I did myself a drawing of myself in sanguine. Alas drawing my own face is unpleasant to me.’
Frontpiece of uncensored
After Pansies was intercepted and confiscated by government officials in 1929 on the grounds it was "obscene", Lawrence produced another copy.



Front Cover
Fredonia Books, 2002 - Poetry - 156 pages

D. H. Lawrence's best known collection of poems. The title does not refer to flowers, but is derived from the French pensees, meaning thoughts -thoughts which, according to Lawrence in his introduction, come "as much from the heart and the genitals as from the head." In the foreword D. H. Lawrence writes: "I wish these ?Pansies? to be taken as thoughts rather than anything else; casual thoughts that are true while they are true and irrelevant when the mood and circumstance changes. I should like them to be as fleeting as pansies, which wilt so soon, and are so fascinating with their varied faces, while they last."


D.H. Lawrence (1885–1930)


沒有留言: