2016年11月17日 星期四

Poems by Carol Ann Duffy


Carol Ann Duffy
Poet
Dame Carol Ann Duffy DBE FRSL is a Scottish poet and playwright. She is Professor of Contemporary Poetry at Manchester Metropolitan University, and was appointed Britain's Poet Laureate in May 2009. Wikipedia
BornDecember 23, 1955 (age 60), Glasgow, United Kingdom
It's always good when women win things in fiction because it tends to be more male-dominated, unlike poetry, which is more equal.
I write quite a lot of sonnets, and I think of them almost as prayers: short and memorable, something you can recite.
Christmas is taken very seriously in this household. I believe in Father Christmas, and there's no way I'd do anything to undermine that belief.
達菲(Carol Ann Duffy)這樣說:「愛是天分,世界是愛的隱喻。」


Poems by Carol Ann Duffy

Ship
Sung
The Look
If I Was Dead
The Scottish Prince
How many sailors to sail a ship?
Safe Sounds
Spell
Havisham
Valentine
Originally
Mrs Midas
Anne Hathaway
War Photographer
The DarkCarol Ann Duffy

Ship
的隱喻。」
In the end, it was nothing more than the toy boat of a boy on the local park’s lake, where I walked with you. But I knelt down to watch it arrive, its white sail shy with amber light, the late sun bronzing the wave that lifted it up, my ship coming in with its cargo of joy.

Carol Ann Duffy


from Rapture (London: Picador, 2005)
Reproduced by permission of the publisher, Pan Macmillan

沒有留言: