2016年6月19日 星期日

A Baby Asleep After Pain By D.H. Lawrence (1885–1930). Amores. 1916



Amores may refer to:
In literature:
In music:


Latin[edit]

Noun[edit]

amōrēs
  1. nominative plural of amor  "LOVE"
  2. accusative plural of amor
  3. vocative plural of amor




D.H. Lawrence (1885–1930).  Amores.  1916.
 
23. A Baby Asleep After Pain
 
 
  AS a drenched, drowned bee
Hangs numb and heavy from a bending flower,
  So clings to me
My baby, her brown hair brushed with wet tears
  And laid against her cheek;        5
Her soft white legs hanging heavily over my arm
Swinging heavily to my movements as I walk.
  My sleeping baby hangs upon my life,
Like a burden she hangs on me.
  She has always seemed so light,        10
But now she is wet with tears and numb with pain
Even her floating hair sinks heavily,
  Reaching downwards;
As the wings of a drenched, drowned bee
  Are a heaviness, and a weariness.        15
 

沒有留言: